Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

This book was a slow go for me at first. It took me a good 100 pages to really get into it. The story was initially slow, and the main character is really not someone that I liked, so there was little inscentive for me to dig in (other than finishing before my next book club meeting). But, fortunately, I got sick and had a day where I just laid down with my stuffy/runny nose and read... and read, and read, and read. The book had gone from "just ok" to "GREAT" in my opinion.

I have become more interested in Middle Eastern culture, and it was very interesting to hear the story of Afghanistan and how it changed over the years from the perspective of this book. I look forward to reading Hosseini's second book, A Thousand Splendid Suns (as you can see it is on my reading list).



No comments: