Saturday, June 14, 2008

Garden follow-up

Things are gowing nicely here at our house... I've learned that gloxinia don't really like to be in containers that don't drain. So, I have a few that I'm going to have to re-pot in new containers... maybe tomorrow?

Here are two of my gloxinias. The white one is new and growing like CRAZY. The red one is older... I've had that one maybe 3 years. When the growing season is over, I often forget about it and wouldn't water it. But, it is a tough little bugger. It keeps coming back again and again! Here, you can see it is a beautiful deep red.





This is one of my double impatiens. I have a large planter on either side of the front door.




Close-up of a double impatiens bloom:




In Florida, hibiscus are great plants if you have a large area where something can grow tall. We have maybe 10 or so thoughout our yard. Here a a few of their pretty blooms. What's great is I never remember what color each plant is, so it is a little surprise each year when they come back flowering! (the last peach one was a pain in the butt to photograph. After 20 or so photos, this is the best one I could get. For whatever reason, I coudln't get it in perfect focus)








Finally, here is a hydrangea that I planted along the side of my house. It really struggled last year, but it is looking better this year. There are maybe 6 little areas that are blooming :)


No comments: