Friday, June 27, 2008

Awesome.

So, we went to the Walgreens Take Care Clinic last night after I came home from work and the nurse practitioner there dignosed me with bronchitis. Thankfully, the meds she gave me have quieted my cough, and I'm not having trouble with that or the shortness of breath that I was experiencing. But, I think that the meds are causing some imsomnia... I didn't sleep well last night and I'm now up before 5:00 AM (which is VERY uncharacteristic of me). Lovely.

FYI, I have nothing but WONDEFUL things to say about the Walgreens Take Care Clinics. This was the second time I've been to one of them and the second time that I walked right in and had barely a wait (just long enough for me to sign in/register). WAY better than the Centra Care 3+ hour wait that seems standard there. The nurse practitioner was very thorough and pleasant. What's really cool is that whatever RX they give you, they can send directly to the pharmacy to have filled, cutting down your wait time! Plus, they are covered under our insurance as a provider, so I only pay a $20 copay, just like if I went to see my GP (as opposed to the $50 at Centra Care). So, if you have a cold type thing and you need to see someone quickly and don't want to wait for your GP's availability, mine didn't have an appointment other than a "work in appointment" (read: 2+ hour wait if I'm lucky), I highly recommend them. Additionally, if you do NOT have insurance, they are still pretty reasonable.

No comments: