Sunday, June 29, 2008

How does my garden grow?

Quite well, thankyouverymuch! :)

I've been doing a lot of work in our flower beds, and things are really looking nice. I've even gotten compliments from our neighbors.

We've finally been able to get the front corner (on the right if you're facing our house with your back to the street) where I wanted it to be. I wish I had a "before" picture of it from a year or more back. It was just crazy. I have no idea what the heck was all growing there. Anyway, we've now gotten everything out with the exception of two teeny tiny azalea bushes under our crape myrtle tree (which also stayed). What we replaced all the other stuff with is a number of hibiscus plants, my hydrengea that was potted on the back porch, and four new rose bushes.

The first picture is what we dug up on Friday (this will go out to the curb tomorrow night!) and on the second is what that corner looks like now... it should be prettier and prettier each year as the hibiscus, roses and hydrengea all fill out:






A bloom from one of my new rose bushes:




Some of our hibiscus blooms from all over our yard:












One of the impatiens that I planted along with the begonias. I'm thinking that next year I'll just do all impatiens in the flower beds. The begonias that were in the "starter packs" were kinda spindley.




"Fiesta Daisies" that I grew from small clippings from an online store. I have two of these plants. They struggled last year, but they're looking really good!


No comments: