Friday, June 13, 2008

I was in the stocks and Chris was in jail!

We took a trip last weekend to America's first city, St. Augustine. In the 6 years I've lived in Orlando, I've never made it there and it is only two hours away! We went with my parents while they were in town. It was a lot of fun, we did a tour package that included a trolly tour that narrated the history of St. Augustine, toured the Old Jail, the old fort, the oldest wooden schoolhouse, the Fountain of Youth and a number of churches.

I had thought that maybe the sip of sulfur water I took that they offered me from The Fountain of Youth may had been working because I got a new pimple, but then that was offset by a new crease I noticed a day later under my eye :(

Chris likes to pose for pictures... here he is in front of the Old Jail:




Here's me in the stocks at the Old Jail:




Chris is in one of the original jail cells... tight quarters!!




Beautiful white peacock roaming the grounds at The Fountain of Youth:




The Castillo de San Marcos (the 'big fort') is the oldest masonry fort in the continental United States. This picture is taken from the top of the fort:




Me in the "Meditation Room" at the oldest wooden school:


No comments: