Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Violets

Ok, so technically these aren't in my "garden", but they're still my plants :)

These little buggers are violets that I bought probably about 2 years or so ago. I put them on the windowsil of our kitchen where they bloomed within a week of me planting them in my own pots, and hadn't bloomed since... until this summer. Look at these guys! They are really small plants, maybe 3" pots, but the blooms on these two guys are crazy! There are easily more blooms on the plants than there are leaves!







I have a bunch of new violet plants from my friend S that are just starting to bloom. I plan on taking pictures of each of them as they open up because there aren't two that are the same kind of violet. I'm really looking forward to seeing them all in full bloom!

2 comments:

MonkeyDragon said...

So, I was reviewing my blog stats and one of the search engines brought up your blog! (my blog is Kel's Garden Journal LOL!) I decided I had better say hello and all since I was lurking about - so hello from WA ;)

MonkeyDragon said...

no, not Seattle - 'bout as far south as you can go without crossing into Orygun - we live in the OTHER Vancouver ;)