Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm a yarn whore...

Oops, I did it again! No, I didn't shave my head ;) I bought more yarn! OMG, I have such an obsession with it! This past winter, I started branching out from my afghans and bought some books on how to make crochet scarves. I've now made maybe 8-10 of them, and they were (if I do say so myself) kind of a hit! I gave a few to my mom while we were in Europe (where else would someone from FL use a scarf??) and I wore a few there myself. We both got loads of compliments on them... Mom told me that she got more compliments when she got back to PA, so now my head has swelled :) Anyway, what I did AGAIN was to buy up yarn at Big Lots. Yes, I said BIG LOTS! Chris and I were there a few months ago (before Christmas) and they had all kinds of yarn that they had bought up from some distributor and were selling it (name brand stuff like Lion Brand, Bernat, Patons, etc) for $1-$2. I bought it up like crazy. Well, yesterday we were out and near the Big Lots so after we ran some other errands I requested a Big Lots stop, hoping that maybe they would have more/different yarn, but thinking that the chances were slim. After all, Big Lots is a close-out store, and they get what they get and usually you don't find the same thing there twice. Well, I got to the area (near the greeting cards) where I found yarn before, and they still had some. I assumed that it was the same kind that I bought up on before, but went to check to be sure. I was wrong! Yes, there were some that I had seen before, but there were LOADS of new kinds too! So, I showed them to Chris, and he agreed that I should buy up on this too. The same yarn I found there is sold in JoAnns and Michaels for anywhere between $5 and $8 a skein, depending on what brand and type.

Here is a few scarves that I made before... I really should take pictures of the others that I made that I still have.



No comments: