Sunday, May 24, 2009

One of my favorite things about summer...

...is FRUIT SALAD! Living in Florida, summer is kind of a yucky season. I often tell my friends from up north that it is like winter in Pittsburgh. We don't go outside much, and instead find things indoors to do. It is just way too oppressively hot during the summer months here in FL to be outside for very long. If you ARE outside for any amount of time, rest assured you will be taking a shower the minute you return back indoors. Between the general heat, the humidity and the blistering sun, I prefer the day or two of fall and then the two weeks of winter we get ;)

But, back to the fruit salad. I love summer fruit. Yesterday, I made a giant fruit salad for us to enjoy this weekend. Watermelon, (Florida) cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes, cherries, strawberries and blackberries. YUM! And it is so pretty!





The only thing about making your own fruit salad in this way is that the trash bag was pretty heavy to hoist out of the can with all of the melon rinds and other fruit scraps... so, bonus points... healthy snack AND a workout! ha!

No comments: