Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm addicted to Podcasts

My latest obsession is Podcasts. I'm constantly listening to them... I listen to them in the car on my way to work, I listen to them at my desk when I'm doing work, I listen to them when I'm driving home from work (I drive a lot... 45 min to 90 min, depending on traffic), I listen to them when Chris is playing video games, I listen to them when I'm waiting for Chris to arrive somewhere that we're mutually meeting (I often arrive first - sorry, hon ;)

Anyway, here are my favorites:
The Answer B!tch - this is a podcast from E!. The host, Leslie Gornstein is an E! insider who answers questions about how Hollywood works. I have to say, it is pretty darn entertaining. I've been listening to this one for a few years now. This podcast has new episodes each week.

CRL with Vickie Howell - CRL stands for craft.rock.listen. They also stand for the host's line of yarns, Craft, Rock, Love. This is mostly a knitting blog. Howell used to host a show on the DIY Network called Knitty Gritty. But, since DIY Network eliminated their craft shows, Knitty Gritty got the axe. Howell hosted 8 podcasts, all of which were super informative about some of the fiber industry insider info. I wish she had more to download. Last week I finished my last from her.

Crochet Unraveled - This is the official podcast of the online crochet community, Crochetville. There are 4 episodes that are OK, last one was recorded on 08/13/2008.

Fiber Lust - Hosted by a SAHW/M, Kat records her podcasts complete with potty mouth and on-the-fly disorganized segments from her bed using her laptop while her husband works nights. Sound quality of the podcast is surprisingly good. I personally find this podcast amusing. It is quite self-indulgent on the part of the host who freely admits that she loves being the center of attention and probably even more, loves talking about herself. Hmm... a girl after my own heart! :)

Yarn Thing: Crochet and Knitting - I just barely listened to the first episode and it was weird. Lots of shrieking and odd music fading the segments in and out. Too soon to tell on this one, the jury is still out.

Yarn Craft - This is the official podcast of Lion Brand Yarn. This is a VERY organized podcast with regular segments and two hosts. If you can get over the Liz girl's gravely voice, the podcast is really quite interesting and informative. This is an ongoing podcast and posts episodes every-other Tuesday.

Podcasts I have downloaded and haven't yet listened to:
The Adam Carolla Podcast
The Crochet Student: Where Textbooks Meet Yarn
CrochetCast
Crochetlocket: running with needles
The FiberCast
Getting Loopy! with Mary Beth Temple
Imprint: The #1 Twilight Podcast
Stash and Burn
Stitch Stud and his Bride
Yarn Talk

No comments: