Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lonely Blog

This blog is very lonely. I don't update it very often, even though I continue to read all the time. My apologies. Lately, I've been working to finish the Twilight series. Most people think I'm crazy for not finishing these books in a week or less, or some other such crazy time frame. The truth is that I've been very busy with work, and then when I'm home and relaxed, even the Twilight books have been putting me to sleep. So, I've been spending the bulk of my at home idle time crocheting while watching TV. But, as of around 10:30 PM last night, I finally finished Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer.





By far, this has been my favorite Twilight book. It is really funny because there were parts of it that I complained about and hated... but in the end it was truly my favorite of the series. I would say that I'm grief stricken now that I've finished all of the books in the series, but I have a little bit of a reprieve in that I'm already now reading the pdf version of Midnight Sun made available on the author's website. After reading the author's notes about the partial book, I'm saddened for her that someone had leaked it without her permission, and will read the book with an open mind (as it is an unfinished work). I really do hope that the author is able to overcome the violation of trust that lead to the book being leaked before it was ready and eventually continues to write about the Twilight saga. It is a wonderful escape for myself and I know many others who have read and love these books.

My May book club meeting is fast approaching, and I haven't read that book yet. I'll be at Barnes & Noble later today to buy the book since it is not available on the Kindle. May's selection is Naked Came the Manatee by Carl Hiaasen.





Speaking of Barnes & Noble... when I just went to their website, I found a new Jen Lancaster book! I had no idea she was writing another! The Twilight rock I've been living under has obviously been all-consuming. Apparently, Pretty in Plaid was just released on May 5th, this past week! I'm having a vision... I'm seeing my bill at Barnes & Noble going up by about $15 today... and yes, I want this book in physical form (as opposed to Kindle form)...



No comments: