Sunday, January 25, 2009

Good Grief!

Long time, no post! Let me catch up... So, for November I read Girls in Trouble by Caroline Leavitt as mentioned below. It was quite good. It was a story of a young girl who, as a teenager, is pregnant and decides to give her baby up for adoption. Specifically, an open adoption. It is a VERY interesting read.

Following that book, in December, I read Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright for book club. It was a very easy read, good for the holidays. My only complaint is that things were too "convenient" at the end.





I then indulged my Twilight craving and read New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. OMG, LOVED it! I can't wait for the movie to come out, and I can't wait to read Eclipse...





...but first, I have book club commitments. January's book was Molokai'i by Alan Brennert. A story set back in the 1890s in Hawaii where lepers were hunted, arrested, and sent to the island of Molokai'i for seclusion. The story follows the life of a young girl... admittedly, I didn't get all the way through the book, but I plan on finishing it soon!





Next up for book club is The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. At this point, I am not very far in, so I don't have a real opinion of the book just yet.





My task for today is to come up with a short list of books for a poll for my book club for March's discussion. The book club leader has decided that each month we're going to have one member pick a short list of books that the rest can vote on. I think it is a GREAT idea!

No comments: