Monday, August 4, 2008

Jane Eyre Confession

My book club is meeting one week from tomorrow and I haven't really read the book, Jane Eyre, yet. I'm debating as to whether I should really dig in and start reading it, or if I should just say "the heck with it" and just watch the movie. Seriously, who talks like that anymore? It is really a tough read.

Our next book club selection (for September) was a memoir and the book chosen by the club is Marley and Me by John Grogan. I read that book last summer (I think) but I'm pretty sure I still remember most of the story, or enough to have a book club conversation about it.

October's book club selection is supposed to be a murder/mystery book. I've given our organizer my top few choices for that genre, so we'll see what is picked. Meanwhile, I'll be working on reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Weeee!

No comments: