Monday, September 17, 2007

Simply Vera is simply delicious!

So, I stopped by Kohls on Saturday and checked out the new Vera Wang brand that just arrived on Friday called "Simply Vera". Ironically, I hadn't watched the Oprah show from Friday yet when I went there. I had been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this line for a little while though.

I have to say that I really LOVE it. I tried on many pieces and finally decided on four to purchase. As always, Kohls was doing an additional percentage off (30%), so the clothes were VERY reasonable. I think the best part is that the clothes are cut very generously and flatteringly (is that even a word?). Either way, my curvy figure looked quite nice in the things I tried on!

Here is one of the items I purchased and LOVE:




I finally watched Friday's Oprah episode and it was so refreshing to hear that Vera herself is a size 6/8 (not the waif-like size 0 that you usually think of when you think of designers or models - not that Wang is a model but you get what I mean) and often buys her clothes a size larger so that they are loose and comfortable.

I've read on a message board that I subscribe to that many women have been "dogging" this line because Vera Wang is a "sellout" or whatever. My thought is, good for her! From what the sales clerk told me at the register, they had sold out of many of the items already, and that they were having trouble keeping enough of the sizes and items out on the racks!!

No comments: