Monday, January 29, 2007

Another Year Passes...

This past Saturday night I coughed, sneezed and sniffled my way into starting my 32nd year on this planet. I celebrated my 31st birthday.

Actually, it wasn't as bad as that. To be honest, it was really pretty great. Chris really made me feel so special this past weekend. He's such a great guy! :)

After a hair appointment (ha - got my "hair did"), Chris and I checked into Coronado Springs at Disney. There, he asked if I wanted a "January 27th present" (being that my birthday is actually the 28th). I said yes, as long as I would still have something to open (even if it was the card) the next day. He said he had a few things for me, so I opened gift #1, large garnet earrings - YAY! I had told him I wanted garnets (my birthstone) for a while.

We then went to Victoria and Albert's (Disney's highest of the high end restaurants) for dinner. The meal was amazing. Really. 6 courses and they printed menus specially for us with our names as keepsakes of our special evening. Mine even said "Happy 31st Birthday!" We had all kinds of interesting food from buffalo to elk to quail. YUM!

After dinner, we headed back to our hotel room for a quick change and friends of ours (Anna and Dimitri) met up with us for some fun at Pleasure Island. Nothing too crazy, just a couple of beers, live band and some snarky comments between us girls as we marvled at the clothes that "young girls wear these days", reminiscing about our younger days and going to clubs and parties. I would put on a pair of BAGGY jeans, my cleanest white t-shirt and my BEST flannel shirt... add a pair of Doc Martins, and I was good to go! The girls we saw were all wearing backless, deep v shirts with boobage overflow, miniskirts, THIGH high spike heel boots and flat-ironed hair. Ew.

Sunday was fun as well. Chris gave me my other presents of cushy crochet hooks, knitting looms, a super large pen (was cute) and my ultimate gift, a new Michael Kors hobo bag - yay! We spent the day at Magic Kingdom, with me wearing a button that they gave me for my birthday. All day long people were saying "Happy Birthday" to me. It was fun.

Here are some photos to compare.

This is what 30 looks like:

This is 31:


I don't see much of a difference, do you?

Despite all the fun, I'm still battling a cold. Not sure what's up with it... runny nose, headache, sore throat and cough. I'm also losing my voice (I hope Chris isn't too happy about that! :)

No comments: