Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Taking Control!

This week I'm taking control. I'm trying to get my food intake and lack of exercise to where it SHOULD be.

Sunday afternoon, Chris and I (ok, mostly Chris) cleared out "his" spare bedroom (this means we took all the crap he had in there and junked up "my" spare bedroom, but that's ok... for now) and set up the Bowflex and made the elliptical more easily usable. We also moved the TV in there to a position that you can see it from either machine. We also dug out the dumbbells and whatnot. We also went to Publix and bought all kinds of yummy healthy food.

Monday morning I got up just before 6:00 AM (ugh) and did my first workout. This was one I printed from online, and it alternated 5 minutes of cardio and one set of a Bowflex exercise. I'm kind of liking those "fat burning" routines. I did it again yesterday too! Today was my "rest" day from those workouts, so instead of that, we walked to dinner and back. We went to our local sub shop and I got a great roasted pork sub on a wheat roll. Was quite yummy. We're also really liking the Stauffers skillet meals... you just dump the bag into a skillet and in 10 minutes it is done! Plus, they're only about 350 calories per serving and I think they're quite satisfying. Super easy solution for a work night!

Oh, and I'm also tracking my exercise and food intake via the "Lose It!" app on my iPhone. Super cool app... and it is FREE!

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Aleece said...

Good for you! :) Keep it up!

Unknown said...

that's awesome kel! and you're motivating me to do the same -- i don't think the wii fit has seen me in 200+ days...