Saturday, March 7, 2009

Back from the Cruise

We are now back from our 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney cruise. The quick rundown of our itinerary was as follows:

Disney Cruise 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Day 1 - Saturday, February 28 - On Board
Day 2 - Sunday, March 1 - At Sea
Day 3 - Monday, March 2 - At Sea (Palo Dinner)
Day 4 - Tuesday, March 3 - St. Croix (and Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck Party)
Day 5 - Wednesday, March 4 - St. Thomas
Day 6 - Thursday, March 5 - At Sea
Day 7 - Friday, March 6 - Castaway Cay (Disney's private island)
Day 8 - Saturday, March 7 - Disembark

Overall, we had a fun time and it was great to get away. The only problem is that on Tuesday, I started getting some sniffles... by Thursday it sounded like I was hacking up a lung. I think all those kiddos on the ship brought along some microscopic friends that they spread all over every public area of the ship, contaminating it and me!

After arriving back in Orlando, we came home, greeted the dogs, and I promptly went to our local Walgreen's Take Care Clinic (which, by the way, I LOVE!) and was diagnosed with bronchitis. Since I'm asthmatic and wheezing like I'm 102 years old, the doctor gave me a new Albuterol puffer, a steroid pack for my lungs and Bactrim. So far, I still have a very HARD cough deep in my chest that is not productive (lovely, right?) and a pounding headache from all of the brain rattling from the coughing.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that I got some nasty sunburn yesterday on Castaway Cay? Yes, I'm just so shiny right now I can't stand it.

I'll post again tomorrow or something... the trip really was fun, despite being sick. We have some great photos that I'd like to share!

No comments: