Saturday, November 15, 2008

If you called me a pansy...

...I'd take it as a compliment!

The mums weren't doing so well along the edges of my flowerbeds, so I pulled them up, deadheaded them, and planted extras in the hanging baskets on the front porch, the large planters on the front porch, and around the tree out front. They really don't have many open blooms right now, so I didn't take pictures of them. I'm hoping that in the next week or so they will pick back up and I'll have pictures of bunches of blooms!

In their place, I planted Pansies. Look how pretty they are! November is typically a favorite time of the year for Florida gardeners - just because of these little beauties!












I also planted some Violas. Violas are actually a species of violet (hence, the name), but they grow similarly to Pansies.:





Oh! And our Azalea bushes have bloomed again for the first time since I've moved into the house (3+ years)! I think the excavation we did of the area that they're in back in the spring gave them some room to breathe, so to speak :)


No comments: