Friday, November 21, 2008

I saw it...

We just got back from seeing the movie, Twilight based on the first book of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.





I was pleasantly surprised to see that the movie was pretty true to the book, overall. Of course there was a good bit left out or left unexplained, but you have to expect that for a 2 hour movie based on a 400+ page book. They only added a few things that weren't in the book at all, and what was added I personally think enhanced the story instead of ruining it (which most of the time happens when the movie has taken liberties of the book). I think that people who have read the book will enjoy the movie a lot... there is just something about seeing the people "in person" and hearing their voices that makes the book even better for me.

The theatre was packed with probably a few hundred young teens/tweens (mostly girls) that cheered when Edward made is entrance on screen... they also cheered the credits. :)

No comments: