Friday, June 5, 2009

My lovely lunch hour while working remotely...

...I was working remotely today (meaning, working from home). I went into the kitchen to grab something for lunch about 20 minutes ago. When I walked in, I noticed that Mrka had dark smudges on her fur around her neck area like she was rolling in some dirt or something. She LOVES to roll in stuff. I got a pet wipe and started cleaning off what I at first thought was dirt/mud, only to find that it was poop. And, it wasn't just on her neck area, it was all over her body and completely mashed all into her LEATHER collar too. GRR. Then, I look at Bauer, and he too has sh!t all over him. WTF?

I'm thinking this may have been a result of this morning's VERY EARLY escapades. Around 4:00 AM this morning to go to the bathroom, and when I get up, Bauer will usually get up and follow me. Sometimes he'll also run downstairs and go outside to go too. Well, when I finished in the bathroom I started to hear barking. Concerned about the early hour, I ran downstairs to shush the dog. I couldn't get him to come into the house! Chris finally got up too and brought a flashlight and started looking in the backyard. I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't see very well. Turns out there was a possum or something in the back yard that must have crawled under the fence and that's what Bauer was confronting. We finally got the dog in the house, while also keeping Mrka and Al at bay. We then slid the panel into the doggie door so that whatever that was couldn't get into the house. When we got up this morning, our visitor was gone.

Anyway, my guess is that our little "visitor" left droppings that were then found by Bauer and Mrka (my precious Al was poop free). Poop and dead things are apparently irresistible to both of those guys, especially Mrka. So, I spent my lunchtime bathing all three dogs (they were due, so Al got a bath too). I also had to get the tags off of both Mrka and Bauer's collars and threw the collars away. Thankfully I have some (albeit ugly) backups that they'll wear until we can get them new (more fashionable) styles. So much for having an early lunch!